Monday 3 July 2017

Bagging the Bee-eaters

Pinch me!  Bee-eaters breeding in Nottinghamshire!  As a Notts birder and the county recorder this is like all my birthdays have come at once. 

Owing to work and domestic commitments and in the knowledge that the birds were nailed on, I waited till the Friday before connecting with the birds, which have taken up residence in East Leake.


I can only assume the birds had moved since the excellent images that were appearing earlier in the week, as while there were great views in the scope, I was struggling to get any sort of image with the camera, although the light was all wrong.  So, I only managed one dodgy flight shot, so it's a case of going back one morning and attempt some digiscoping.


Bee-eater


Full marks should go to Mark Thomas at the RSPB for organising the viewing arrangements and parking.  Also respect to the finder David Kirman who has been rewarded for perseverance at an unglamorous location.

Andy Hall 30/06/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment