Sunday 28 August 2016

August 12th, 2016 Little Egret - a decent shot at last


So it's egret season down at Attenborough Nature Reserve and I keep getting tantalizingly close views of Little Egret but never quite pulling off what I would call a decent photo.

After not seeing much on the reserve, I decide to take a walk along the wet marsh path.  I get to the first viewing screen and boom!  There's a Little Egret right in front of the screen - just about as close as I've seen a bird on the reserve.  

It's at this point that I realise just how un-photogenic Little Egrets can be, if you don't catch them just right.  After taking a multitude of wading in the water shots, I get one just as the bird takes flight. Yes, the light could have been a bit better, but I'm happy with it.

Little Egret


No comments:

Post a Comment